This website uses cookies. The website depend on cookies to function properly. The cookie will disappear as soon as you clear or close your browser. Read more about cookies

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find statistics for civil aviation accidents and incidents?

Contact the Swedish Transport Agency (Transportstyrelsen).

Where can I find statistics on road traffic accidents and incidents?

Contact the Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI) or the Swedish Transport Administration (Trafikverket). Information is also available at Transguide.

Does SHK investigate private car accidents and motorcycle accidents?

As a general rule, SHK investigates road traffic occurrences only when commercial or public transport vehicles are involved.

Why can’t I find the Gottröra accident report in the database?

The database does not go as far back as that. You can, however, find the report on the SHK web site under Civil Aviation.

Why are there so few reports concerning gliders on SHK’s website?

SHK used to be able to delegate glider accident investigations to the a non-governmental national glider association. Those reports can be found at Airsport Sweden.

Is there a report of the JAN-HEWELIUS accident?

The investigation was conducted by Poland. SHK has no translation in English. The Swedish Transport Agency has only a short summary in Swedish.

Where can I find the report of the SCANDINAVIAN STAR accident in 1990?

Contact the Norwegian Maritime Authority.

Where can I find the MV ESTONIA Report?

Look at the SHK web site under Civil Maritime Transport.

How long does it take for SHK to complete an investigation?

According to statutory rules SHK is required to complete an investigation, if possible, within
12 months from the day of the occurrence. That is, however, not always possible.

How do you translate "Statens haverikommission" into other languages?

Swedish Accident Investigation Authority (English), Schwedische Ständige Untersuchungskommission für Grossunfälle (German), Commission suédoise d'enquête sur les accidents (French), Comisión Sueca de Investigación de Accidentes (Spanish), Ruotsin onnettomuuksientutkintatoimikunta (Finnish), Шведская государственная комиссия по расследованию аварийных ситуаций (Russian).


Subscribe to information on when an investigation has been updated. Choose your area of interest and fill in your e-mail address.

By signing up, you consent to your email address being stored and processed for the subscription service. You can revoke your consent at any time and terminate your subscription. Your information will then be removed from our subscription register.